Friday 26 February 2016

I A M A HUMAN BEING


I am a human being!
Don't treat me like a goat because,
You have seen from my head to my toe
That I do not put on the politicians' shoes.
I have my rights as a citizen of this country!
I have my obligations as a man in democratic land!
Becareful on how you size me!





Don't push me here and there, understand!
We all have the right to express our thoughts;
For the fact that I do not wear the politician' clothes
Does not mean I am a senseless He- idiot here;
I am a human being with flesh and blood and
Should be treated as such, ok!



Do you know I voted for those who put you here?
Do you know I laboured day and night to see them in this post?
Don't put salt in my eyes because they give you bread
And give you instructions like a hungry dog.
I am a human like those Aristocrats who put you here.



Life is a learning ground just like a classroom,
The weeds though useless but still useful to some,
Don't kick me here and there because I am here.
I want to see the politicians eat on their tables,
I want to see how they laugh if it is the same way
They laughed and smiled to us when they were campaigning in our dump dubious street yesterday.



We are all supposed to be treated the same way,
The politicians are not saints as they claimed to be.
Don't treat me like this, I am not a fool at forty!
Even you here could be thrown away someday,
Nothing human should be strange to you, because
You are in this position with those that loot and laugh.



We are all human being,
Those that have big mustache are not better,
Those that wear Agbada are not finer than others;
Treat me just like you treat yourself, I am a human.
If you can't hurt yourself, why then do you feel like hurting me?
I am a human being with flesh and blood, so treat me as such!




(C) John Chizoba Vincent
All Right Reserved 2016

No comments:

Post a Comment