Friday 29 January 2016

YOU STILL MAKE ME SMILE


You still make me laugh and smile,
You still paint my face with goodness,
You brigthen the grudges I have within.
You still tell that story that change my life,
I hide my tears whenever I say your name
I hide my emotions with the moon when I
Watch you smile and the dimples on your face
Smile like the goddess of Nkporo and Ohafia.
The clapping sky; the weeping sun, the dancing air,
The wealthy smoke, and the dubious stars know
That you still make me laugh and go insane.
Your love still baptise my soul and water my life,
I will flag off the man I am made of to tell the world
That a lady like you still make my day as beautiful as the peacock.
Life is not qualified by fluent English, branded clothes or a rich lifestyle;
It is measured by the number of faces that smiles when they hear your name.
You still make me laugh when I hear your name.

No comments:

Post a Comment