Monday 2 May 2016

When Peace Returns


Tell mother Nigeria that I won't come again
Until a new peace return to her dying land.
Tell her not to feel bad of this gory miseries,
The blood and tears at home hurts my bones.
We have never been more to this land than a toy;
Forgotten like a scary nightmare in this meaningless home.



My worship shall be for another mother,
Suck her intoxicated breast milk in joy.
Tell mother Nigeria that Terrorists that spread
In the land have tasted our blood and it detest me.
I hate this very land of plenty where all the milk
Flow in one direction.



I am not happy to have left her behind,
Peace I seek to re-direct the course of my people.
If the shadow of my absence is felt, let her cry not,
When peace returns, in her bosom I shall dwell
like a true son.
Shame birth in this land is a ditch devouring many.



We were once a loving mother and son
Until she allowed those careful chameleons
With multiple colours into her succulent land.
I left in peace mother, not in pieces as you may think.
The flattering is enough to my craving eyes,
I am here to nurse my wounded heart from my brothers.



When peace returns to your shores,
I shall come back to embrace you.
Peace I seek, peace on earth we crave,
No one sees a palace and run to the forest;
You've not failed me but your chosen leaders have,
Here they cast blames on the giant cock for not crowing at dawn.



(C) John chizoba Vincent.
Voice Of Vincent 2016

No comments:

Post a Comment