Saturday 28 March 2015

KINTSUKUROI

Kintsukuroi I am broken open Shards litter, splinters glitter Nothing is me anymore. Everything is me from before. Do not sweep me up Or step over my pieces - Look at me. Look. At. Me. And hold back your broom. For I will pick myself up. I will gather my pieces with love and anger From the fire that burns in me And I will rise. I. Will. Rise. There is gold in my veins Gold that has settled into the million tiny cuts Of a million tiny words That almost bled me dry. Gold. And if you would love me; If you would be the one to walk alongside me As that gold is beaten till it gleams, Be equal to the task. I am done with less than, with second-best, with good enough. I am done with eggshells and backbends and silence. I am enough. I am complete. I am perfectly and wonderfully made. And I will rise.  

No comments:

Post a Comment